New Camp Bed

  • baronconal
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 20, 2002
      I'm applying the finish to the
      bed today ( Minwax Early Ammerican )

      I'm down to the gloppy goo in the bottom
      of the can and I've got two pieces left

      I'm gonna use a water based poly to protect
      it from the humidity at Pennsic

      Artemisia ( my wife ) will be starting the
      canopy section soon....

      Pictures will be up as soon as it's done.

      Conal
    • tracystar2000
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 2, 2008
        Why, if I have never cut either joint by hand, am I making comments on
        their relative difficulty? Because I have cut enough joinery (by hand &
        machine) and carved enough wood to know the relative difficulty between
        the execution of the two joints.

        No, the box joint is not period - yes, the dovetail is. That question
        has been answered repeatedly over the last several days. The question
        of whether the box or dovetail was easier to cut by hand was then
        posed, to which I thought I would interject a bit of humor. Had I known
        that I would then be called on my "experience" as to whether or not I
        was quallified to answer the question (regardless of my experience in
        working and carving wood), I would have kept my fingers off of the
        keyboard and allowed you to continue to argue this non-period question
        ad nauseum.

        Argue on, I'll not interject again.
        Malaki