Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: making a wheel barrow

  • Johann Friedrich
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4 10:27 AM
      On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Tom Rettie wrote:

      > When I was building mine, I had to keep reminding myself, "remember, it's only a wheel
      > barrow. It sits out in the weather and you use it to haul junk around. It doesn't have to be
      > perfect, it just has to work."

      heh.. that's what I kept telling myself on this project. I also give
      myself a little extra slack any time I'm trying something new. The
      challenge this time was the wheel.

      > Once you put a metal tire on the wheel, any imperfections will be unnoticeable.

      I've got a few gaps that I plan on filling with a combination of glue and
      sawdust (homemade woodputty =-)). I figure that after I fill the little
      gaps and get everything sanded and oiled, the imprefections won't be that
      noticable anyway. the metal tire will just help to distract from the
      rest.

      > Very nice work.

      Thank you very much! I believe I have a few of your projects linked from
      my site in order to give me something to shoot for when I finally get
      around to learning how to do some turning.

      Ken Bowley yahoo@...
      AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org