Re: making a wheel barrow

  • Tom Rettie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Johann Friedrich <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone ever had one of those projects where almost every step has
      > something wrong?

      When I was building mine, I had to keep reminding myself, "remember, it's only a wheel
      barrow. It sits out in the weather and you use it to haul junk around. It doesn't have to be
      perfect, it just has to work."

      Once you put a metal tire on the wheel, any imperfections will be unnoticeable.

      Very nice work.

      Fin
      (Tom R.)

      Blood and Sawdust
      http://www.his.com/tom/index.html
    • Johann Friedrich
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
        On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Tom Rettie wrote:

        > When I was building mine, I had to keep reminding myself, "remember, it's only a wheel
        > barrow. It sits out in the weather and you use it to haul junk around. It doesn't have to be
        > perfect, it just has to work."

        heh.. that's what I kept telling myself on this project. I also give
        myself a little extra slack any time I'm trying something new. The
        challenge this time was the wheel.

        > Once you put a metal tire on the wheel, any imperfections will be unnoticeable.

        I've got a few gaps that I plan on filling with a combination of glue and
        sawdust (homemade woodputty =-)). I figure that after I fill the little
        gaps and get everything sanded and oiled, the imprefections won't be that
        noticable anyway. the metal tire will just help to distract from the
        rest.

        > Very nice work.

        Thank you very much! I believe I have a few of your projects linked from
        my site in order to give me something to shoot for when I finally get
        around to learning how to do some turning.

        Ken Bowley yahoo@...
        AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org