RE: Throne project

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      Laurensa wrote:

      > Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

      Actually, the old ones aren't going away. The destiny in store for them is
      the same as that of the last West Kingdom Royal Pavilion ... they're to be
      stored on the east coast and used exclusively for Pennsic War.

      I find this faintly ironic. In the old Celtic legends (and in Tolkien), when
      people passed away from the mundane world, the story is that they "sail
      beyond the Western Sea." For West Kingdom artifacts, the direction is
      reversed. (But what do you expect of a Kingdom that titles its lands in
      Japan, Okinawa, and the Pacific Islands the "Barony of the Far West?")

      Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
    • albionwood
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
        <baronconal@...> wrote:

        > how about more advice and info on the tools
        > and techniques as you go.

        Okay, I'll try to add some more information on that. In fact, Eric is
        a film-maker, so we are contemplating a video on the carving techniques.

        > I need to learn more about carving and this
        > is very inspiring.

        Thanks! It's great fun and inspiring to us as well. Now I want to
        carve everything in sight...

        We learned carving from workshops with Ian Agrell, who is a terrific
        teacher. Highly recommended if you want to get a big head start in
        carving.
        http://www.agrellcarving.com/school/
      • Geffrei Maudeleyne
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006

          Off topic, but if someone is a film maker and at Pennsic. The Known World Choir members and supporters would love to get a medium to high grade recording of their concert.

          Geffrei