Re: [MedievalSawdust] Throne project

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:35 PM
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Throne project

      We've started on the new WK thrones. Some drawings and photos can be
      seen at:

      http://albionworks. com/Thrones/ WKCourt/index. htm

      How utterly gorgeous. Thank you for sharing pictures.

      Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

      Laurensa

      .

    • John LaTorre
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
        Laurensa wrote:

        > Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

        Actually, the old ones aren't going away. The destiny in store for them is
        the same as that of the last West Kingdom Royal Pavilion ... they're to be
        stored on the east coast and used exclusively for Pennsic War.

        I find this faintly ironic. In the old Celtic legends (and in Tolkien), when
        people passed away from the mundane world, the story is that they "sail
        beyond the Western Sea." For West Kingdom artifacts, the direction is
        reversed. (But what do you expect of a Kingdom that titles its lands in
        Japan, Okinawa, and the Pacific Islands the "Barony of the Far West?")

        Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
      • albionwood
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
          <baronconal@...> wrote:

          > how about more advice and info on the tools
          > and techniques as you go.

          Okay, I'll try to add some more information on that. In fact, Eric is
          a film-maker, so we are contemplating a video on the carving techniques.

          > I need to learn more about carving and this
          > is very inspiring.

          Thanks! It's great fun and inspiring to us as well. Now I want to
          carve everything in sight...

          We learned carving from workshops with Ian Agrell, who is a terrific
          teacher. Highly recommended if you want to get a big head start in
          carving.
          http://www.agrellcarving.com/school/
        • Geffrei Maudeleyne
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006

            Off topic, but if someone is a film maker and at Pennsic. The Known World Choir members and supporters would love to get a medium to high grade recording of their concert.

            Geffrei