Re: [MedievalSawdust] Throne project

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
      wow.

      let me say that again.

      wow....

      ( that's spoken quietly with a little
      envy in my voice )

      how about more advice and info on the tools
      and techniques as you go.

      I need to learn more about carving and this
      is very inspiring.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Dianne & Greg Stucki
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006

        Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:35 PM
        Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Throne project

        We've started on the new WK thrones. Some drawings and photos can be
        seen at:

        http://albionworks. com/Thrones/ WKCourt/index. htm

        How utterly gorgeous. Thank you for sharing pictures.

        Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

        Laurensa

        .

      • John LaTorre
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
          Laurensa wrote:

          > Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

          Actually, the old ones aren't going away. The destiny in store for them is
          the same as that of the last West Kingdom Royal Pavilion ... they're to be
          stored on the east coast and used exclusively for Pennsic War.

          I find this faintly ironic. In the old Celtic legends (and in Tolkien), when
          people passed away from the mundane world, the story is that they "sail
          beyond the Western Sea." For West Kingdom artifacts, the direction is
          reversed. (But what do you expect of a Kingdom that titles its lands in
          Japan, Okinawa, and the Pacific Islands the "Barony of the Far West?")

          Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
        • albionwood
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
            <baronconal@...> wrote:

            > how about more advice and info on the tools
            > and techniques as you go.

            Okay, I'll try to add some more information on that. In fact, Eric is
            a film-maker, so we are contemplating a video on the carving techniques.

            > I need to learn more about carving and this
            > is very inspiring.

            Thanks! It's great fun and inspiring to us as well. Now I want to
            carve everything in sight...

            We learned carving from workshops with Ian Agrell, who is a terrific
            teacher. Highly recommended if you want to get a big head start in
            carving.
            http://www.agrellcarving.com/school/
          • Geffrei Maudeleyne
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006

              Off topic, but if someone is a film maker and at Pennsic. The Known World Choir members and supporters would love to get a medium to high grade recording of their concert.

              Geffrei