Throne project

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
      We've started on the new WK thrones. Some drawings and photos can be
      seen at:

      http://albionworks.com/Thrones/WKCourt/index.htm

      We're updating these as we make progress and have new things to show.

      Cheers,
      Colin
    • Laurie Clarkston
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
        WOW....You are truly a master at wood working. I can't wait to see the next set of pictures.

        Cairistiona

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
          wow.

          let me say that again.

          wow....

          ( that's spoken quietly with a little
          envy in my voice )

          how about more advice and info on the tools
          and techniques as you go.

          I need to learn more about carving and this
          is very inspiring.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Dianne & Greg Stucki
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006

            Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:35 PM

            We've started on the new WK thrones. Some drawings and photos can be
            seen at:

            http://albionworks. com/Thrones/ WKCourt/index. htm

            How utterly gorgeous. Thank you for sharing pictures.

            Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

            Laurensa

            .

          • John LaTorre
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
              Laurensa wrote:

              > Heck, I'd gladly take the old ones!

              Actually, the old ones aren't going away. The destiny in store for them is
              the same as that of the last West Kingdom Royal Pavilion ... they're to be
              stored on the east coast and used exclusively for Pennsic War.

              I find this faintly ironic. In the old Celtic legends (and in Tolkien), when
              people passed away from the mundane world, the story is that they "sail
              beyond the Western Sea." For West Kingdom artifacts, the direction is
              reversed. (But what do you expect of a Kingdom that titles its lands in
              Japan, Okinawa, and the Pacific Islands the "Barony of the Far West?")

              Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
            • albionwood
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
                <baronconal@...> wrote:

                > how about more advice and info on the tools
                > and techniques as you go.

                Okay, I'll try to add some more information on that. In fact, Eric is
                a film-maker, so we are contemplating a video on the carving techniques.

                > I need to learn more about carving and this
                > is very inspiring.

                Thanks! It's great fun and inspiring to us as well. Now I want to
                carve everything in sight...

                We learned carving from workshops with Ian Agrell, who is a terrific
                teacher. Highly recommended if you want to get a big head start in
                carving.
                http://www.agrellcarving.com/school/
              • Geffrei Maudeleyne
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006

                  Off topic, but if someone is a film maker and at Pennsic. The Known World Choir members and supporters would love to get a medium to high grade recording of their concert.

                  Geffrei