RE: [MedievalSawdust] Book review ?

  • Bill Schongar (bschonga)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2006
      I have the book, and don't think it's a bad addition to a medieval
      woodworking library. Same comment as other folks - either someone went
      metric/english, some typos got transcribed, etc.. but all in all a good
      starting point.

      I personally preferred the old newsletter "Sacred Spaces" for projects.
      I still have my originals from way back when, but some folks have been
      kind enough to put up PDF copies since it's sadly no longer distributed.

      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/toc.htm

      Nice stuff, suitable for diffferent levels of woodworking, and well
      explained and measured. Like this one that I followed when making my
      very first 6-board chest:

      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/chest4simple.pdf

      -Liam