Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Pennsic project help

  • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2006
      How freshly cut are the logs? We've found a big difference between wood
      that was taken down the morning it was delivered to us and wood that was
      taken a week or three earlier. However, I would be very interested in
      knowing about any other lumber in the area, and going direct to a sawyer
      would be nice.

      Haraldr

      --
      Dave Calafrancesco

      ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!
    • Mark Ross
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 15, 2006
        Perhaps use a sledge design instead of wheels? That of course depends
        on size and how far you'll need to haul it, bu a sledge design
        wouldn't bog down in mud if it rains.

        > I am debating bring the wheels pre-made. The would be one
        > of the more difficult pieces to build, but part of me
        > doesn't want to cheat at all.
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 18, 2006
          You could have the sawyer make planks for you so you only have to do two
          sides and the mortis work. That way anyone with a chisel can help. The
          best way is to have every part "specked" out so all the parts are worked at
          the same time by many people and then put together. That is where the
          contractor makes his money getting every thing done just in time.

          James Cunningham