Re: [MedievalSawdust] RE: feast gear

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 36 , May 29, 2006
      The reccomended method is to place them in a can of water, submersed.
      Not much chance of them going up in smoke that way.

      Although personally I admit that I usually use paper towels (shop
      towels) to apply it, and then lay then out flat, on a concrete slab I
      have outside to dry. Even if they would catch fire, the concrete
      isn't going to burn. So far, none have gone up in flame, and I've
      been using the stuff for many a year now.

      Siegfried

      > Note to everyone, pay special attention to the recommendations on how to
      > dry and dispose of your boiled linseed oil rags and containers.
      >
      > In english we have special words for lots of things. The special word for
      > a coffee can where you toss a bunch of wet rags you just used with boiled
      > linseed oil and then seal is called a grenade or bomb.
      >
      > I believe simply laying the rags out flat until totally dry is the safe
      > recommendation, but double check your formulation and their instructions.
    • Siegfried
      Message 36 of 36 , May 29, 2006