Att Master Will Pix of Mary Rose mugs, pls? WAS: Wooden drinking vessels

  • msgilliandurham
    Message 1 of 51 , May 11, 2006
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Lindberg" <n7bsn@...>
      wrote:
      > Now this ratio is not true of the coopered/stave built mugs. There it
      > is common for the vessel to be taller then it is wide.

      Aha! Thank you!

      I did a search for the word "Stave" on this list, and found a
      discussion of stave build mugs around March 24 of last year. In msg
      4068 Master Will gave the URL for some pix he took of mugs from the
      Mary Rose, but the URL no longer works, and I can't find the pix in
      the Files or Photos sections of this group, or on his website.

      Master Will, are those pix still available anywhere, please?

      Thanks, Gillian Durham
    • msgilliandurham
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 21, 2006
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rettie" <tom@...> wrote:

        > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "msgilliandurham"
        <msgilliandurham@>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > The reason I asked it that I'd always visialized leather hinges as
        > > being two long straps, like metal hinges.
        >
        > Here's a pictures that illustrates the other approach I was trying
        to describe:

        > http://www.his.com/~tom/Images/leatherhinge.jpg
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Tom R.
        > Blood and Sawdust
        > http://www.his.com/tom/index.html

        Great, thanks -- is this usage also conjectural, or can I tell my
        students "we know at least *somebody* did it this way, because
        there's this existing chest in this castle...."?

        Thanks for all your assistance --
        Gillian Durham