Re: [MedievalSawdust] Rope Bed

    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2006
      everytime I have heard any details about the number of
      crew it took for a 'ship of the line' and the numbers
      of crew and passengers that were crammed onto the
      ships that laned at Jamestown it has AMAZED me how
      many people were on the ships.

      Is that a later develpoment from the Elizabethian
      sailing ships? Did ships at that time have smaller
      crews? 'Cause if they had to have framed beds for all
      those people there would not have been room to put the
      people on once the beds were loaded....

      http://mail.yahoo.com