A New Book on Keys, Locks, Small Caskets and Fittings

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2006
      For those of you interested in European Locks and Keys along
      with many fancy caskets the following is in color:

      http://www.goetzbuch.de/
      Goetz sells books on specific arts like glass, furniture, or
      painting. There are no problems I know of buying from him.
      I've done it for years now. All his catalogs are in German
      though, so I have tried to be specific. He takes credit/debit
      cards. INFO@...
      Look for it under suche [search]:

      Bookseller number: 47794 Prunkstücke aus der Hanns Schell
      Collection Schlüssel, Schlösser, Kästchen und Beschläge Pall,
      Martina 29,80 EUR [A Euro is about $1.25 US.]

      Pall, Martina: Prunkstücke aus der Hanns Schell Collection:
      Schlüssel, Schlösser, Kästchen und Beschläge; [Pieces of
      splendor from the Hanns Schell Collection: Key, locks, small
      boxes and fittings] Description: Katalogbuch zur Ausstellung
      in Wien. 21 x 30 cm. Geb. 403 Farbabb. und 25 techn.
      Zeichnungen. 165 S.
      Publisher: Graz, 2005, Hardcover, Catalog book to the exhibition
      in Vienna. 21 x 30 cm. Geb. 403 color pictures. and 25 technical
      designs. 165 pages. The book itself is in German and English
      on each page or description.

      Shows how a number of the locks work from Roman times onward.
      Also included are some Asian locks.

      Previously the same collection has had books on cutlery and
      the cases for it {I didn't buy this one] and one on Caskets.
      Those were published by Arnoldsche.de and not nearly as
      reasonably priced as this one. Then again they were larger too.

      I don't know if it is still available but this is the book on
      caskets:
      Berger, Ewald: Prunk-Kassetten, Europaische Meisterwerke aus
      Acht Jahrhunderten, Ornamental Caskets of Eight Centuries;
      1998: Arnoldsche, Stuttgart, cloth, dj, Text in English and
      German. The Hans Schell Collection, Graz., profuse color &
      b/w illus., 318 pages, 12 x 10, ornamental caskets / decorative art /
      metal work / gold boxes.
      ISBN 3-925369-83-X $110.
      Bestand katloge der Hanns Schell collection; Bd 1.
      (to be followed by others on cast iron objects, locks and
      keys, forged steel objects, and guild emblems.)
      Pp. 336, approximately 500 illustrations.
      Berger, Ewald: Ornamental Coffers; Eight Centuries of European
      Craftsmanship ISBN: 392536983X Arnoldsche Verlaganstalt GmbH,
      Jan.1999, US 110.00

      Master Magnus Malleus, OL, aka R.M. Howe
      Great Barony of Windmasters Hill, the Manx, Great Dark Horde