construction opinion

  • Jared
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 24, 2006
      Regarding the use of plywood in chest consturction.
      Thanks to all, I love the way this group offers balanced
      involve only ridicule, as members are always looking to disagree, and
      tell anyone who is willing to speak up, how they are wrong. Thats
      just one of the aspects that makes this the best group I have written
      with.

      If I build one, or a run of chests involving plywood, I would
      deffinatly keep it hidden, I have used it before, but only for
      bottoms, were it was dadoed in. In modern work, I never let ply edge
      show, and allways hide or at least minimise end grain on solid wood,
      so theres no way I would do any different in (conjecturally) period work.

      plywood dating back to the egyptians, I learned something new on
      that one, warrants further study, thanks
      Jared
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 30, 2006
        I am making the bobbin not the axel! The axel will be 5/16 drill rod.

        James Cunningham