RE: [medievalsawdust] New to list

  • Logan
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 19, 2002
      bad link bro.

      try

      regards
      logan
      -----Original Message-----
      From: von_landstuhl [mailto:von_landstuhl@...]
      Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 12:16 AM
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [medievalsawdust] New to list

      Hi all,

      I'm new to the list.  I've been making sawdust for years, but the SCA
      has finally given me some direction.  I've discovered I like making
      furniture, especially pieces in the Gothic and Tudor styles.

      I don't have much of my stuff online, but I have a few pictures at
      http://www.midrealm.org/ballaeban/ulrich/ans.  So far I have pictures
      of a joined stool (England, c1580) and a boarded and paneled chest
      with linenfold carving (England, c1525).  After Pennsic, I'll
      probably add a picture of my bed, a queen-sized version of the
      monastic canopy bed in the "Medieval Furniture" book.

      I'm also putting my A&S documentation and scores online, as a warning
      to others (can you tell I don't like the A&S Fair?).

      I'm starting chip carving and that has led me on a search for pine
      furntiure from the Alps.  Can anyone recommend books (other than
      Mobel Europas) that has pictures of pine furniture?

      Thanks,
      Ulrich von Landstuhl
      Midrealm

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 20, 2002
        If you want to put some stuff
        on the sawdust page, feel free...

        Conal

        http://health.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 20, 2002
          your link didn't work....?

          came up ' not found ' ....?

          oh and ask me about my last A&S scores
          sometime....

          http://health.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 20, 2002
            Hi all,

            Is there any chance of those
            of us that are going to Pennsic
            getting together at Pennsic to
            put faces and names together and
            talk ( and maybe make a little
            sawdust there ) ? I bring some
            simple tools and I know Master
            Charles Oakley does.

            Conal

            http://health.yahoo.com
          • Dan Baker
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 20, 2002
              I'll be there of course. Have you got any projects in mind?

              --
              YIS,

              Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
              Privateer to the Midrealm

              Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
              ...Take time to dance in the rain...

            • baronconal
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 26, 2002
                Pattens would be simple
                ( and do-able with limited
                tools and time )

                and useful for pennsic
                ( at least for those with
                period shoes... )

                any other ideas?

                Conal

                --- In medievalsawdust@y..., "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@h...> wrote:
                > I'll be there of course. Have you got any projects in mind?
                >

                > >Hi all,
                > >
                > > Is there any chance of those
                > >of us that are going to Pennsic
                > >getting together at Pennsic to
                > >put faces and names together and
                > >talk ( and maybe make a little
                > >sawdust there ) ? I bring some
                > >simple tools and I know Master
                > >Charles Oakley does.
                > >

                > > Conal

                > >Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
                > >http://health.yahoo.com
                >

                > --
                > YIS,
                >
                > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
                > Privateer to the Midrealm
                >
                > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
                > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

                http://mobile.msn.com
              • vinlandar
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 6 7:20 PM
                  Hey, you folks have a great time at pennsic, and thanks for all your
                  help.

                  -Charlie
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 12 2:22 PM
                    Setting my email for Pennsic....

                    I'll get no emails from the lists
                    till I get back....

                    See ya!

                    =====
                    Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                    Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Helen Schultz
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                      Well, I'm not a guy, but I'll be camping in N-01, Good Friends Camp.  I'll be the first camp to the east of Meridies Royal on St. Lawrence Way.  I will have my tables and benches I built, my pavilion superstructures, and my scribal desk & bookbinding frame with me.  You are welcome to drop by when you get the chance.  I will be in camp the mornings of the 10th and 17th for sure, as I am teaching classes in camp at 10am those days (C&I stuff, not woodworking, sorry)

                      Where will you be, Master Will??

                      By the way, Chris, those traveling thrones are beautiful!!!  Maybe someday, if I get enough money to have a "real" wood shop, I will try one.  Right now, I have an inexpensive table saw, a skill saw, a compound-miter saw, a saber/jig saw, a couple hand drills, and a few hand tools tucked into a corner of my garage... I have to move a few things each time I want to work, and pull it all outside the garage to keep the dust inside to a bare minimum.  I rarely can fit the van inside the garage anymore, I have so much "stuff" in it <sigh>.

                      Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
                      Middle Kingdom

                      The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

                    • kjworz@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                        E-18, known as Old Tuchux Hill, or Hangover Hill. In the back, in a camp called Greenwood.

                        But it is hard to find, as I imagine most camps are. Unless you camp at a famous camp or landmark, like "Vlad's" or "That one camp on a spit of land/penninsula in the middle of the lake" then it might be difficult to just wander up to folks.

                        A method more conducive to success would be to perhaps meet at one particular class or even "Meet at the A&S displays at the Barn on Monday at 11AM. Bring a woodworking tool to wave over your head so we can recognize each other...." or whatever.

                        --
                        -Chris Schwartz
                        Silver Spring, MD

                        From: "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@...>

                      • JBRMM266@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                           The Marinus encampment, in the northeast corner of E05. corner of Chandler's Road/Way and the Low Road.

                          Your servant aye
                          Donal

                          From: "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@...>
                          > So where is everybody camping at the Great War?  I'd like to meet you guys.
                          >

                          > Will

                        • Helen Schultz
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                            I think maybe Chris has the best idea... rather than all of us wandering around trying to find each other, why not set up a time to gather together for a little while??  Most of the A&S tents are not used after 6pm, maybe we could just grab one and meet there some evening??  Or, meet some afternoon at the Barn.  I know I am fairly busy the latter half of each of the two weeks with my own classes, but the first halves aren't very committed yet (of course, that could change once I look closer at the class schedule <sheepish grin>).

                            Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
                            Middle Kingdom

                            The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

                          • Siegfried
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                              Barn would probably be better, since the A&S tents are specifically banned from 'personal parties' this year (that might be 'banned from scheduling them for that purpose', but I think it's meant to be 'banned' period regardless of the wording.

                              For reference though, Siegfried, N22, Barony of Highland Foorde.

                              Siegfried

                              On 7/31/06, Helen Schultz < helen.schultz@...> wrote:
                              I think maybe Chris has the best idea... rather than all of us wandering around trying to find each other, why not set up a time to gather together for a little while??  Most of the A&S tents are not used after 6pm, maybe we could just grab one and meet there some evening??  Or, meet some afternoon at the Barn.  I know I am fairly busy the latter half of each of the two weeks with my own classes, but the first halves aren't very committed yet (of course, that could change once I look closer at the class schedule <sheepish grin>).

                              Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
                              Middle Kingdom

                              The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

                              THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust   -   http://crossbows.biz/
                              Barony of Highland Foorde   -   Baronial Archery Marshal
                              Kingdom of Atlantia   -   Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target Archery
                              http://eliw.com/  -   http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/
                            • Helen Schultz

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                                  Sounds like a plan!

                                • logan@ebonwoulfe.com

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006

                                      I’m down in the Bog, in E-24.  I camp with House Wild Rose on the Great Eastern Highway at the foot of the dam.  We’re past Clan Prechanne and right before you get to Wulf Den.  Our neigbors call us “the Rose Gate” people.

                                      Will

[...]

                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
                                      http://meisterin. katarina. home.comcast. net

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                                        So, are we going to gather together on Monday, the 14th?? Is 11am or noon
                                        better for those who want to gather??

                                        I'll be there if everyone else is.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                                          This sounds like a really nice offer (though, I don't do beer, I have nothing against anyone else drinking it)... besides, I see you carry the Madrone cookbooks (on your web site, at least... hope you have them at Pennsic, too), and I've been too lazy to write and order them <sigh>, so I'll be stopping by even if we don't use your booth for the gathering.

                                          I'm off to bed... way behind in my Pennsic packing, but need my sleep!!  Someone make a decision, please... I leave on Friday for Land Grab!!

                                          Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 9:04 PM

                                          Howdy!

                                          On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:22:00AM -0400, Bill McNutt wrote:
                                          > So where is everybody camping at the Great War? I'd like to meet you guys.

                                          133 Plunder Lane -- our merchant booth.

                                          We have a modest amount of "function" space in our setup. We're
                                          hosting the Tablet Weavers' Tea, and I could offer space to get
                                          together and visit. It's not near as roomy as the barn or an
                                          A&S tent, but having a beer won't cause anyone whose opinion matters
                                          get the trews in a twist.

                                          yours,
                                          Herveus
                                          herveus@radix. net | White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
                                          Bowie, MD, USA | http://whitewolfand phoenix.com
                                          Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad

                                        • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                                            Note that the barn will be a rather busy place on Monday the 14th with
                                            the A&S display in it. In addition, it wouldn't surprise me if some of
                                            us will be exhibiting at the display.

                                            What about Sunday the 13th?

                                            Haraldr