Willow wood

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
       It is a wood that is brittle and the tree is prone to wind,
      rain, ice damage in the landscape.

      Tell me about it. Some idiot many years ago planted a willow in my backyard. I now have a 50+ ft tall willow that loses limbs everytime a breeze hits it, has new limbs trying to grow out from the bottom of the trunk (lots of luck limbs, my SCA name isn't Brian Broadaxe by accident) and leaves crap all over my yard that doesn't even burn in the Chimenea well. Of course the limbs do make decent sticks for my dog to fetch. The bark can't hurt him, and unlike the fetch toys he likes to eat and occasionally swallow, I have more or less an unlimited supply. I'd really like that damn thing removed so I can replace it with something shorter and wider for more shade. Anyone want a tree with a trunk around 2 ft in diameter and at least 15 feet to the first fork?

      Brian Broadaxe