Re: [MedievalSawdust] Questions about willow and cherry wood

  • Laurie Clarkston
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 5:16 PM
      Willow wood can be used to make baskets.  It is a wood that is brittle and the tree is prone to wind,
      rain, ice damage in the landscape.

      Willow trees get a bad reputation for "sucking the water out" of the ground/pond...whatever.  If you
      have nice willow trees around your pond, there is no reason to cut them down.  Willow trees just
      grow better with "wet feet".  Your pond will go just as dry in the summer without your willow trees.

      Sorry, the gardener in me had to speak up....

      Cairistiona