Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Liability? WAS: Intellectual properties

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2006
      Winking smiley emoticon   ... that's the neat thing about this list...  collective heads may not necessarily yield absolute answers... but at least we get a lot more ideas and input than we might if we just talked to the wall..  Winking smiley emoticon

      Taking the time and care to solicit opinions ain't a bad thing at all...  as we all learned at one time in our lives "The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked."  (Well... that's not ALWAYS true... but heck... 98% accuracy is better than darn near anything else I can think of...)

      I've carried a personal liability floater for years... never needed it... but I find that its kinda' like a security blanket... sometimes just holding it helps me sleep at night...

      Chas.

      (Oh... and, as a suggestion...  after you talk to YOUR insurance agent... talk to another one and get a 'second opinion'... I've found over the years that second opinions are valuable for more places than the ol' doctor's office... )

      ============================
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "James Winkler"
      <jrwinkler@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > .. and if you are REALLY concerned about it... talk to your
      insurance company about a "Personal Liability Floater" on your
      insurance policy.

      Ah, thank you -- this is reassuring, should I decide to revisit the
      idea of merchanting my crafts. Thank you.

      > Chas.
      > .. who refuses to jump at at shadows or things that go *bump* in the
      night...

      I admit it, I'm timid about a lot of things that don't bother most
      people. Probably comes of having been the schoolyard bully-target
       -- on a subconscious level, I guess I'm still watching my back :-)

      Thanks for the concrete advice -- Gillian Durham