Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Simple Question

  • Laurie Clarkston
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
      Another thing you have to consider.  Most trees, plants and shrubs are very well guarded
      when it comes to importing foreign plant material.

      There are a lot of Maples, Oaks, and pines that are very close to their European Cousins.
      A little research will go a long way in finding a wood that will match eruopean woods.

      Dirr's Hardy Trees and Shrubs, An Illustrated Encyclopedia by Michael A. Dirr is a good
      place to start.  It is one book any good gardener can't live without....grin.  Most libraries will
      have a copy on hand.

      Hope this helps.

      Cairistiona