Woodworking Classes at University Atlantia #59

  • Gary R. Halstead
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2003
      For those of you in the mid-Atlantic US, the University of Atlantia is
      offering what is effectively a track of woodworking classes (although I
      don't think it was planned that way) at its next session (June 7 in
      Gambrills, MD). The following classes are being offered:

      Carving linenfold panelling
      Introduction to green woodworking
      Bow making
      Woodworkers' Roundtable 1 - Tools, Finishing, and Materials
      Woodworkers' Roundtable 2 - Furniture & Joinery

      Ranulf
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2003
        --- "Gary R. Halstead" <ghalstead@...> wrote:
        > For those of you in the mid-Atlantic US, the
        > University of Atlantia is
        > offering what is effectively a track of woodworking
        > classes (although I
        > don't think it was planned that way) at its next
        > session (June 7 in
        > Gambrills, MD). The following classes are being
        > offered:
        >
        > Carving linenfold panelling
        > Introduction to green woodworking
        > Bow making
        > Woodworkers' Roundtable 1 - Tools, Finishing, and
        > Materials
        > Woodworkers' Roundtable 2 - Furniture & Joinery
        >
        > Ranulf

        for those that can't go...

        Would it be possible to get
        copies of the hand-outs that could
        be posted here?

        =====

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Gary R. Halstead
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
          The handouts for the linenfold class (which I'm teaching) will be up on my
          website (see .sig) shortly before/after University. I don't know about the
          rest of them (although I doubt Thomas/Finn has any planned for the
          Roundtables).

          YIS,

          Ranulf of Waterford
          mka Gary R. Halstead
          www.medievalwoodworking.com

          At 01:49 PM 4/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:

          >--- "Gary R. Halstead" <ghalstead@...> wrote:
          > > For those of you in the mid-Atlantic US, the
          > > University of Atlantia is
          > > offering what is effectively a track of woodworking
          > > classes (although I
          > > don't think it was planned that way) at its next
          > > session (June 7 in
          > > Gambrills, MD). The following classes are being
          > > offered:
          > >
          > > Carving linenfold panelling
          > > Introduction to green woodworking
          > > Bow making
          > > Woodworkers' Roundtable 1 - Tools, Finishing, and
          > > Materials
          > > Woodworkers' Roundtable 2 - Furniture & Joinery
          > >
          > > Ranulf
          > >

          >for those that can't go...
          >
          > Would it be possible to get
          >copies of the hand-outs that could
          >be posted here?
          >

          >=====
          >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          > Aude Aliquid Dignum
          > ' Dare Something Worthy '
        • Tom Rettie
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
            >The handouts for the linenfold class (which I'm teaching) will be up on my
            >website (see .sig) shortly before/after University. I don't know about the
            >rest of them (although I doubt Thomas/Finn has any planned for the
            >Roundtables).

            Actually, I think I might. The roundtables are sort of an experiment; the
            format seemed to work well for some other classes I've attended; there seem
            to be a lot of folks who have 5 or 10 minutes worth of cool stuff, but not
            enough to work up an entire class for. I was thinking I'll put together a
            couple of pages of basic stuff just as a starting point for discussions,
            but where we go from there is anyone's guess.

            And if you haven't checked out Ranulf's web site, you should, he's got a
            lot of interesting stuff there.

            Thomas
            (aka Fin)

            Tom Rettie tom@...