Re: [MedievalSawdust] Copyright Question

  • Michael Houghton
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
      Howdy!

      On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:19:27PM -0500, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
      > > That's incomplete.
      >
      > 'Tay....
      >

      > > The proposed action would be the republication of the entire article in
      > > a manner that is not clearly limited to nonprofit educational purposes
      > > as, say, distributing a limited number of copies to students in a class.
      > > Further, that republication could be seen as gutting the potential
      > > market for reprints of that article.
      >
      > It is nonprofit in the sense that no one here is charging.

      The fact that the "infringer" is not profiting from the infringement
      does not make it "not infringement".

      > Are reprints available?

      I don't know. The question is orthogonal to the fair use question.

      > PS Secret Cryptic Message - "Liverpole Says Hi"

      ahhh...

      yours,
      Herveus
      herveus@... | White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
      Bowie, MD, USA | http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
      Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad