Re: [MedievalSawdust] Copyright Question

  • Mark Schuldenfrei
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
      > That's incomplete.

      'Tay....

      > The proposed action would be the republication of the entire article in
      > a manner that is not clearly limited to nonprofit educational purposes
      > as, say, distributing a limited number of copies to students in a class.
      > Further, that republication could be seen as gutting the potential
      > market for reprints of that article.

      It is nonprofit in the sense that no one here is charging.

      Are reprints available?

      Tibor

      PS Secret Cryptic Message - "Liverpole Says Hi"
    • Michael Houghton
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
        Howdy!

        On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:19:27PM -0500, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
        > > That's incomplete.
        >
        > 'Tay....
        >

        > > The proposed action would be the republication of the entire article in
        > > a manner that is not clearly limited to nonprofit educational purposes
        > > as, say, distributing a limited number of copies to students in a class.
        > > Further, that republication could be seen as gutting the potential
        > > market for reprints of that article.
        >
        > It is nonprofit in the sense that no one here is charging.

        The fact that the "infringer" is not profiting from the infringement
        does not make it "not infringement".

        > Are reprints available?

        I don't know. The question is orthogonal to the fair use question.

        > PS Secret Cryptic Message - "Liverpole Says Hi"

        ahhh...

        yours,
        Herveus
        herveus@... | White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
        Bowie, MD, USA | http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
        Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad