Re: [MedievalSawdust] Cooper top

  • mmchiliman60@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      I made a box with a round top and the way I made the to was I use I cut to ends out of 1 by stock for the curve I wanted then I uses waynes coating for the top interlocking them  . but I had to cut off one of the edges on the grove with a razor knife so it would bend and that part went in the inside of trunk . depending how long he is making it I did a big trunk about  2 1/2  feet long but I cut a third piece using the end for the pattern but cutting away the inside so it as only like a 1 1/4 inches wide  for nailing area doesn't need to go all the way down  like the sides  .

      In a message dated 2/27/2006 11:52:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, selkie_bard@... writes:
      Hi, this is my first post and hopefully someone will be able to help me out. One
      of my class mates in Wood shop is making a chest with a rounded top and so
      far no one has found useful directions on how exactly to do that. Him and the
      teacher have been calling it a "coopered top".  Does any one here have any
      experience with this type of thing or know where we could get more
      information on how to do it?