Re: [MedievalSawdust] Mary Rose Wooden Artifact Photo Show

  • Anthony Lok
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2006
      WEDNESDAY!!! They're making us stay open till midnite on Wednesday... Maybe I can get someone to watch the shop for a bit to see your show!

      Karl

      mcnutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:
      On a recent voyage to Portsmouth, I had the opportunity to do a hands-on
      observation and photo study of the Reserve Collection of the Mary Rose.
      This collection of artifacts amounts to several thousand wooden objects
      recovered from the bottom of the Solent and preserved using Polyethylene
      glycol.

      I was not sufficiently disciplined to do a good photo-study of a few
      artifacts.  I went somewhat berserk and did a shallow one-or-two pictures of
      quite a few items instead.  I have pictures of bows, arrows, boxes, chests,
      linstocks, a shovel, tool handles, and a goodly number of other items.

      Unfortunately, my pictures from the Reserve Collection are not for
      publication.  I was able to take them only with the provision that they were
      for my private use.  Dint of careful persuasion got me permission to do
      slideshows and classes.

      Accordingly, I will be presenting a slideshow, Unpublished Artifact images -
      Mary Rose Shipwreck at 8:30 pm on Wednesday night at Gulf Wars at the Main
      tent at Artisan's Row, near Bede Hall.  All are welcome.

      Master Will
      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood