  • maf@gleichen.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2006
      I have used wax for all of my leather armour, so here are a few of my comments:
      1) water makes it brittle and ruins good leather, it's really hard to get the timing perfect. And everyone I know who has armour done this way has currled edges.
      2) I've tried 100% beeswax, 100% parrafin and variations inbetween, the more parafin the harder the leather, but too much parrafin and it forms a coatting on the outside of the leather and too much beeswax and you have a better looking piece but hot days makes it soft.
      3) Personally I prefer 60% parrafin to 40% beeswax, that's what my current armour is done with.
      4) I've fought at clinton.... yes after a full day it is a little soft and pliable, which makes getting it off easier but some people don't like that.