Weather

  • Ralph Lindberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Boy, do these stories bring back memories, not of either Gulf and
      Lilies, but an episode in AnTir.

      You see AnTir does include rather a lot of prairie, the provinces
      Alberta and Sask.

      Many years ago, the summer my wife and I were first together, we were
      at a July Coronation near Red Dear Alberta. She still likes to tell
      the story about a dinner there. While we were eating I looked off to
      the SW and said a bad word and started running around, putting things
      under cover and getting the camp site ready. I had felt the wind
      shift, temperature drop and saw green clouds moving, oddly.

      About 1/4 of the camp got knocked down as the twister went about a
      mile off to the north.

      But then I grew up on the prairie.

      Ralg (who is just recovering for 6 weeks of nearly continuous AnTir
      rain, that finished up with a storm that knocked power out for 36 hours)