Re: [medievalsawdust] Newbie Question

  • Mikhalis@juno.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2003
      Tristan,
              I'm doing a Hi back chair right now using a Walnut oil rub and Tung oil over that, I like Formby's myself) The look is absolutely stunning. But both products are oil based. I would definately use a piece of scrap from the project and test whatever stain you want to use. I have had some weird coloration problems with some stains that were supposedly oil base, so save yourself a heartbreak by testing first.
      Mikhalis

      On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:01:47 -0000 "lisette_and_tristan" <gfpaladin@...> writes:
      I was wondering if one can use tung oil after staining a piece.

      Also, does anyone have pictures, plans, or a source for mirror boxes?
      Thanks!

      Tristan

    • Tim Bray
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2003
        I've just created a quickie Web page with some photos of the cool Gothic
        table at the Cluny museum. Take a look and let me know if it looks OK!
        http://www.albionworks.net/Tables/ClunyTable.htm

        This is going to be a project of mine at some point.

        Cheers,
        Colin

        Albion Works
        Furniture and Accessories
        For the Medievalist!
        www.albionworks.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2003
          --- Tim Bray <tbray@...> wrote:
          > I've just created a quickie Web page with some
          > photos of the cool Gothic
          > table at the Cluny museum. Take a look and let me
          > know if it looks OK!
          > http://www.albionworks.net/Tables/ClunyTable.htm
          >
          > This is going to be a project of mine at some point.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Colin

          Looks great!

          want more!

          ( ok to be totally honest what I
          reaaly want is to be able to quit
          my job and spend all my time in
          my shop making stuff like this, not
          just looking at pictures.... )

          I just realized that we are not using the
          links area of the sawdust group.
          ( well two of us have )

          Can your page be added?

          Anyone one have other links?

          I'll try to add a few that I've got
          bookmarked.

          =====

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • Tim Bray
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 13, 2003
            >( ok to be totally honest what I
            > reaaly want is to be able to quit
            > my job and spend all my time in
            > my shop making stuff like this, not
            > just looking at pictures.... )

            Make sure you have a LOT of money saved up first...

            Colin

            Albion Works
            Furniture and Accessories
            For the Medievalist!