uses for offcuts

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      I drive other woodworkers in my area bananas 'cause I throw away offcuts
      unless I have a SPECIFIC USE in mind for them.  Otherwise, I get BURIED.

      Master Will

      I was getting buried until this past weekend when I finally broke down and bought another chiminea. Those little clay Mexican fireplaces are great. The design on the good ones produces so much updraft that it burns everything down to a very fine ash. I had so much accumulated sawdust on my brick patio (below grade until I get the yard done) that I've been shoveling it into the chiminea like a fireman on a steam locomotive. Now with my merchanting Estrella, it'd be piling up too high to wade through without the chiminea. I just have to make sure the dog doesn't wrap his cable around this one and shatter it like he did the last one.

      Brian Broadaxe