RE: [MedievalSawdust] Glueing Green oak?

  • Chuck Phillips
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006

      Julian;

      Polyurethane glues have been available here for some time.  I think the first on the mass market was “Gorilla Glue”.  I’m not the least bit surprised that it worked well on your green timbers, as the reaction is catalyzed by water…

      The biggest downside for me is that it’s a lot messier than PVA glues.  I always wear gloves when applying it, and the foamy excess can be a pain.

      Charles Joiner