Re: [MedievalSawdust] Learning

  • Arthur Slaughter
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 15, 2005

      >Working with old houses, the walls, let alone the sills, are not square or
      >level. I am not kiding about rebuilding the door frame. Without the sill
      >being level both ways it is impossible to get the door to set solidly,
      >swing
      >correctly, and have that beautiful 3/32 inch clearance all the way round.
      >
      >James Cunningham

      Having the joy of living in a hundred year old house that was not only moved
      to this site in the fifties, but also had a new foundation put under it in
      the seventies, I am in agreement with the whole idea of reframing doors.

      I have one that swings right. My buddy , the former owner went cheap and now
      I am redoing all his work.
      THL Finn