Re: [Norton AntiSpam] RE: [MedievalSawdust] Frame shims or packers

  • maf@gleichen.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2005
      I installed 2 exterior doors and 14 windows using them, 2 of the windows were curved top windows and one of those was a 9.6 feet tall and 9 feet wide. we used 4 shims across the bottom and they didn't compress at all under the weight, they also don't change thickness when wet or moist unlike cedar.

      Mark