RE: [MedievalSawdust] cleaning sticky wood bowl?

  • J. May
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
      Have you tried scrubbing it with an oil? It's just a guess. Years ago when I
      worked in fast food the quickest way to get a grease pen cleaned off of a
      plastic sheet was to rub fry grease on it.

      Samia

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
        Or, next time you're at Walmart, look for a small bottle of 'Goo-b-
        gone"

        See if it's safe to use on the bowl, if so, it'll remove the gunk in
        a matter of a few minutes.

        I have a bottle around here, somewhere. If I knew where it was,..
        the stuff's great, but i think, so far, I've only used it on lables.

        Shara, who has had to deal with sticky bowls, and usually just uses a
        shallow bowl of mineral oil and a copper scrubber from the kitchen
        dept. to work the oil into the gunk and scrub it all together, then
        wipes it all with paper towels.