cleaning sticky wood bowl?

  • mumuk1
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2005
      Greetings,
      Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning a wood salad bowl that
      is sticky both inside and out?

      Patricia
    • mmchiliman60@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2005
        boil a pot of water toss the bowl in it for a few minutes then scrub with a 000 steel wool and repaet until all done then just let the bowl dry out for a few hours .Then rub the outside wuth miuneral oil and just fill the bowl with mineral oil aand let sit over nite if its a real big bowl just pour a pint in it and brushit up the sides avery 1/2hour or so but let the rest sit in it over night to seal the bottom well Michael of devonshire
      • J. May
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
          Have you tried scrubbing it with an oil? It's just a guess. Years ago when I
          worked in fast food the quickest way to get a grease pen cleaned off of a
          plastic sheet was to rub fry grease on it.

          Samia

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
            Or, next time you're at Walmart, look for a small bottle of 'Goo-b-
            gone"

            See if it's safe to use on the bowl, if so, it'll remove the gunk in
            a matter of a few minutes.

            I have a bottle around here, somewhere. If I knew where it was,..
            the stuff's great, but i think, so far, I've only used it on lables.

            Shara, who has had to deal with sticky bowls, and usually just uses a
            shallow bowl of mineral oil and a copper scrubber from the kitchen
            dept. to work the oil into the gunk and scrub it all together, then
            wipes it all with paper towels.