Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: Portability myth?

  • Tom Rettie
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 4, 2003
      >This time the trip away from London
      >is north to York and Lees

      York also has some excellent stuff. Barley Hall has excellent reproductions
      of period furniture, and great prices on period pottery. The Yorkshire
      Museum has wooden artifacts from the excavations in York, including wooden
      bowls, turning cores, etc. Jorvik is a little hokey but still fun and does
      contain some woodworking artifacts. The Merchant Adventurers' Hall was
      closed when we were there, but is an impressive 14th c. building (and
      contains some furniture). And of course York Minster is incredible. We
      extended our stay in York because we were having such a good time, and will
      probably go back.

      Leeds of course has the Royal Armouries. Once you find them, they're a lot
      of fun.

      Thomas

      Tom Rettie tom@...
      http://www.his.com/~tom/index.html