Medieval Planes - What can we document

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      OK, the skew plane comment got me to thinking.... There is no reason
      they couldn't have made a skew plane if they wanted one. It's just a
      question of did they have ever wanted one bad enough to go to the
      trouble of making it.

      So the question I have now is, what specific kind of planes can we
      document? For this purpose I'd accept as documentation a) The thing
      itself. b) A non-amiguous illustration of the thing. c) A wooden
      artifact that appears to be made using the thing.

      A good group project might be to start a database of plane types, good
      examples and the type and location of the evidence.

      Avery