Re: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 863

  • Robert Hook
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2005
      > It was the "scimitar" type saw I was refering to, large size as in
      > Noahs Ark, having used a couple of modern replicas I feel they
      > pretty much have to work on the pull.

      My understanding (and to my embarresment I cannot remember where I
      got this from) was that they were definitely cut-on-the-pull because
      it wasn't possible to make suitable steel or other alloys that were
      thin but stiff enough to cut on the push.
      ----
      “The job of art is to chase ugliness away” - Bono.

      mailto: rhook@...
      mailto:rahook@...
      http://homepage.mac.com/rhook (source PGP signature from here)
      Robert Hook