RE: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 860

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
      --- Joseph Paul <josephnjody@...> wrote:

      > I will reduce the thickness of modern "two by"
      > material for the same reason.
      > At 1.25 inches thick people realize that it isn't
      > the same as other pine
      > furniture.
      >
      > Jamie Blackrose

      I have used 2x10 or 2x12 for various pieces
      of furinture. Sometimes I just trim off the
      rounded edges, sometimes a plane the whole thing
      down to remove the rounded edges.

      On the whole a 2x10 or 2x12 is ( at least in my
      area ) yellow pine and a better quality wood than
      the 1x whatever shi....cra...ummmm stuff that is out
      there.

      I've even ripped a 2x12 into 2x2's to get better
      wood for tent poles that is available as an off
      the rack 2x2.

      yellow pine is a good wood to work with for
      most things. So long as it's not for A&S...

      Why not pine?

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/