RE: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 860

  • Joseph Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
      I will reduce the thickness of modern "two by" material for the same reason. At 1.25 inches thick people realize that it isn't the same as other pine furniture.

      Jamie Blackrose
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
        --- Joseph Paul <josephnjody@...> wrote:

        > I will reduce the thickness of modern "two by"
        > material for the same reason.
        > At 1.25 inches thick people realize that it isn't
        > the same as other pine
        > furniture.
        >
        > Jamie Blackrose

        I have used 2x10 or 2x12 for various pieces
        of furinture. Sometimes I just trim off the
        rounded edges, sometimes a plane the whole thing
        down to remove the rounded edges.

        On the whole a 2x10 or 2x12 is ( at least in my
        area ) yellow pine and a better quality wood than
        the 1x whatever shi....cra...ummmm stuff that is out
        there.

        I've even ripped a 2x12 into 2x2's to get better
        wood for tent poles that is available as an off
        the rack 2x2.

        yellow pine is a good wood to work with for
        most things. So long as it's not for A&S...

        Why not pine?

        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/