Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: rope beds?

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
      I really like the idea of a center support for the ropes... keeps the sag down to a minimum...  cool idea.  I have some books that show some period beds that appear to be rope beds... I'll try to do some measuring and basic math to see if I can determine how far apart the holes are...

      Chas.

      ==================

      I could just divide the space up evenly and
      see which works out better between 6 and 9

      I'm adding a center support ( lenghtwise )
      to add a little extra rigid support.

      I'm almost done with the frame. I've still
      got the canopy section to make, but that
      won't be done untill after Border Raids.

      Pictures will be coming soon.....

                             Conal

      --- In medievalsawdust@y..., "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@h...> wrote:
      > Not I, I prefer the slat beds.  IMHO, though, I would venture to
      guess, the
      > spacing would vary based on the matress.  9 inches or so seems about
      right
      > for a futon.  But thats just a guess.
      >

      > >Who has made a rope bed before?
      > >
      > >Ryhs....