Pennsic Project?

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 30, 2003
      Who's going to Pennsic?

      What do you think about everyone who
      is going building a box/chest/coffer
      that will hold a standard amount? Then
      when we get there we can compare what we
      have made. No other stipulations about
      the box other than what volume it has
      to hold.

      Any design, type, shape goes so long as
      it will hold at least.....uhhh....

      12 cans of soda ( not a cooler unless
      you are an overachiever, just using that
      as a standard volume. )

      We could donate them when we are done,
      draw lots to see who takes which one home,
      whatever.....

      =====

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • mit1369@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 30, 2003
        Sounds like it might be fun, that is assuming that I'll even be able to go to war at all :(

        Uadahlrich
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 30, 2003
          Conal ... how about the perfect camp box?

          packs easily,
          loads like a breeze,
          holds every thing you need,
          doubles as an extra chair( will hold both Omarad(SP) and Edmond),
          looks period,
          documentable(well maybe)
          water proof(well close)
          etc...etc...

          Not only trade boxes but ideas too.

          James Cunningham

          > Who's going to Pennsic?
          >
          > What do you think about everyone who
          > is going building a box/chest/coffer
          > that will hold a standard amount? Then
          > when we get there we can compare what we
          > have made. No other stipulations about
          > the box other than what volume it has
          > to hold.
          >
          > Any design, type, shape goes so long as
          > it will hold at least.....uhhh....
          >
          > 12 cans of soda ( not a cooler unless
          > you are an overachiever, just using that
          > as a standard volume. )
          >
          > We could donate them when we are done,
          > draw lots to see who takes which one home,
          > whatever.....
          >
          > =====
          > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          > Aude Aliquid Dignum
          > ' Dare Something Worthy '

        • Lew Newby
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 30, 2003
            I am working on something like that but it won't trade well when it has my
            arms carved into it for a heraldic display contest.

            Bummer
            Farin

            At 10:24 AM 3/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:
            >Who's going to Pennsic?
            >
            >What do you think about everyone who
            >is going building a box/chest/coffer
            >that will hold a standard amount? Then
            >when we get there we can compare what we
            >have made. No other stipulations about
            >the box other than what volume it has
            >to hold.
            >
            >Any design, type, shape goes so long as
            >it will hold at least.....uhhh....
            >
            > 12 cans of soda ( not a cooler unless
            >you are an overachiever, just using that
            >as a standard volume. )
            >
            > We could donate them when we are done,
            >draw lots to see who takes which one home,
            >whatever.....
            >
            >=====
            >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
            > Aude Aliquid Dignum
            > ' Dare Something Worthy '

          • Dan Baker
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2003
              Darn, Wish I could this year, but Pennisc is a definate no this year.

              --
              YIS,

              Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
              Privateer to the Midrealm

              Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
              ...Take time to dance in the rain...

              >From: Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...>
              >To: sawdust <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: [medievalsawdust] Pennsic Project?
              >Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:24:27 -0800 (PST)
              >
              >Who's going to Pennsic?
              >
              >What do you think about everyone who
              >is going building a box/chest/coffer
              >that will hold a standard amount? Then
              >when we get there we can compare what we
              >have made. No other stipulations about
              >the box other than what volume it has
              >to hold.
              >
              >Any design, type, shape goes so long as
              >it will hold at least.....uhhh....
              >
              > 12 cans of soda ( not a cooler unless
              >you are an overachiever, just using that
              >as a standard volume. )
              >
              > We could donate them when we are done,
              >draw lots to see who takes which one home,
              >whatever.....
              >
              >=====
              >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
              > Aude Aliquid Dignum
              > ' Dare Something Worthy '

              >Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
              >http://platinum.yahoo.com

            • Joseph Hayes
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
                --- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
                > What do you think about everyone who
                > is going building a box/chest/coffer
                > that will hold a standard amount?

                Maybe after I build the closet (or clothes rack) my wife wants for
                Pennsic. Every year it something else... First the bed, then the wood
                floor for the tent (really! check out
                http://www.midrealm.org/ballaeban/ulrich/ans/bed.jpg), then the table,
                then the benches....

                I'm either going to have to get a storage locker or build a "little
                house on a flatbed" so I don't have to haul all this stuff. So much
                for roughing it!

                Ulrich
                /it's not camping, it's outdoor living/

                http://platinum.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
                  What kind of then do you have?

                  I've got a center pole straight walled
                  Marcee ( that's one of those darn French
                  wiords that aren't spelled like they sound )

                  Let me draw up something and I'll send it
                  along, got a great system to get a shelf
                  and a closet rod up with a minimum of work
                  and space.

                  =====

                  http://platinum.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
                    check this out, maybe it will help
                    Worked great for me.

                    > Maybe after I build the closet (or clothes rack) my
                    > wife wants forPennsic.

                    =====

                    http://platinum.yahoo.com
                  • Joseph Hayes
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
                      --- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
                      > check this out, maybe it will help
                      > Worked great for me.

                      I have a wall tent, so it won't work for me. I'll have to draw up
                      something free-standing that will work with our roof slant and height.

                      BTW, Conal... I bought a copy of Vitruvius's "Ten Books on
                      Architecture" at Half Prince Books. I picked it up for his comments on
                      different woods as building materials, but also found chapters on water
                      clock and siege weapons.

                      UvL

                      http://platinum.yahoo.com
                    • Dan Baker
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
                        Very nice Conal, Quick and easy, I'll have to make a couple for Angel and I

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003

                          > BTW, Conal... I bought a copy of Vitruvius's "Ten
                          > Books on
                          > Architecture" at Half Prince Books. I picked it up
                          > for his comments on
                          > different woods as building materials, but also
                          > found chapters on water
                          > clock and siege weapons.
                          >
                          > UvL

                          Cool! How about a ISBN?
                          and the exact title?

                          =====

                          http://platinum.yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
                            wrote:

                            > > BTW, Conal... I bought a copy of Vitruvius's "Ten
                            > > Books on
                            > > Architecture" at Half Prince Books. I picked it
                            > up
                            > > for his comments on
                            > > different woods as building materials, but also
                            > > found chapters on water
                            > > clock and siege weapons.
                            > >
                            > > UvL
                            > >

                            > Cool! How about a ISBN?
                            > and the exact title?

                            oh yea... how much?
                            did they have more than one copy?

                            =====

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
                              > Cool! How about a ISBN? and the exact title?

                              Check out http://store.yahoo.com/doverpublications/0486206459.html

                              UvL

                              http://tax.yahoo.com