Re: [medievalsawdust] rope beds?

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
      Not I, I prefer the slat beds. IMHO, though, I would venture to guess, the
      spacing would vary based on the matress. 9 inches or so seems about right
      for a futon. But thats just a guess.

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

    • baronconal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
        I was thinkin' 6 inches or so....

        I could just divide the space up evenly and
        see which works out better between 6 and 9

        I'm adding a center support ( lenghtwise )
        to add a little extra rigid support.

        I'm almost done with the frame. I've still
        got the canopy section to make, but that
        won't be done untill after Border Raids.

        Pictures will be coming soon.....

        Conal

        --- In medievalsawdust@y..., "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@h...> wrote:
        > Not I, I prefer the slat beds. IMHO, though, I would venture to
        guess, the
        > spacing would vary based on the matress. 9 inches or so seems about
        right
        > for a futon. But thats just a guess.
        >

        > >Who has made a rope bed before?
        > >
        > >Ryhs....
        > > what is the spacing between the ropes
        > >that cross the bed frame?
        > >
        > > Conal
        > >

        > --
        > YIS,
        >
        > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        > Privateer to the Midrealm
        >
        > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

        http://mobile.msn.com
      • James Winkler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
          I really like the idea of a center support for the ropes... keeps the sag down to a minimum...  cool idea.  I have some books that show some period beds that appear to be rope beds... I'll try to do some measuring and basic math to see if I can determine how far apart the holes are...

          Chas.

          ==================

          I could just divide the space up evenly and
          see which works out better between 6 and 9

          I'm adding a center support ( lenghtwise )
          to add a little extra rigid support.

          I'm almost done with the frame. I've still
          got the canopy section to make, but that
          won't be done untill after Border Raids.

          Pictures will be coming soon.....

                                 Conal

          --- In medievalsawdust@y..., "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@h...> wrote:
          > Not I, I prefer the slat beds.  IMHO, though, I would venture to
          guess, the
          > spacing would vary based on the matress.  9 inches or so seems about
          right
          > for a futon.  But thats just a guess.
          >

          > >Who has made a rope bed before?
          > >
          > >Ryhs....