Hurricane Katrina

  • P. Emery
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2005
      News from our SCA brethren in Coastal areas is trickling in... I know
      many of you are watching the news and have some experience with
      surviving hurricanes. I urge all of you to please support the Red
      Cross by making monitary donations and/or giving blood in the days and
      weeks to follow.

      The Baronies of Axemoor, Seleone and Osprey are devastated. Seleone
      may be completely destroyed! Very little information is coming out of
      the Gulfport/Harrison County area at this time and what we are hearing
      is NOT good. All of Gleann Abhann and a large portion of Meridies has
      suffered severe damage.

      I am fortunate that my blood-family all managed to flee to safety, but
      am terrified for my peer, her family, Seleone's Baron and Baroness and
      all of our friends and loved ones who stayed behind. Please keep them
      all in your thoughts as we wait to learn more.

      Please cross-post this to other SCA lists you may be on. The entire
      Gulf Coast will need all of our help in the days, weeks and possibly
      even months to come...

      Jessimond