Re: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 813

  • Justus Koshiol
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2005
      I've never seen any royal crowns made of wood, or anything else
      but metal, but when you said that I suddenly remembered a
      woodworking show I attended where a guy was selling wooden hats.

      They were fedoras and cowboy type hats, made out of gorgeous
      hard woods and they were beautifully sculpted. the wood was very
      thin, nowhere more than 1/8th inch, much less for the most part.

      I could imagine a set of crowns done in a similar style, not
      rigid and Gothic but something organic and flowing. (that is
      just my opinion)
      Baronial and Viscount cornets are often made of alternate
      materials and might be a good place to start.

      Here are some sites with similar hats.

      http://www.woodhat.com/gallery.asp

      http://www.hardwoodgallery.com/en-us/dept_60.html

      Good Luck, I would like to see what you come up with.

      Justus

      http://mail.yahoo.com