rope beds?

  • baronconal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2002
      Who has made a rope bed before?

      Ryhs....
      what is the spacing between the ropes
      that cross the bed frame?

      Conal
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
        Not I, I prefer the slat beds. IMHO, though, I would venture to guess, the
        spacing would vary based on the matress. 9 inches or so seems about right
        for a futon. But thats just a guess.

        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm

        Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        ...Take time to dance in the rain...

      • baronconal
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
          I was thinkin' 6 inches or so....

          I could just divide the space up evenly and
          see which works out better between 6 and 9

          I'm adding a center support ( lenghtwise )
          to add a little extra rigid support.

          I'm almost done with the frame. I've still
          got the canopy section to make, but that
          won't be done untill after Border Raids.

          Pictures will be coming soon.....

          Conal

          --- In medievalsawdust@y..., "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@h...> wrote:
          > Not I, I prefer the slat beds. IMHO, though, I would venture to
          guess, the
          > spacing would vary based on the matress. 9 inches or so seems about
          right
          > for a futon. But thats just a guess.
          >

          > >Who has made a rope bed before?
          > >
          > >Ryhs....
          > > what is the spacing between the ropes
          > >that cross the bed frame?
          > >
          > > Conal
          > >

          > --
          > YIS,
          >
          > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
          > Privateer to the Midrealm
          >
          > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
          > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

          http://mobile.msn.com
        • James Winkler
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
            I really like the idea of a center support for the ropes... keeps the sag down to a minimum...  cool idea.  I have some books that show some period beds that appear to be rope beds... I'll try to do some measuring and basic math to see if I can determine how far apart the holes are...

            Chas.

            ==================

            I could just divide the space up evenly and
            see which works out better between 6 and 9

            I'm adding a center support ( lenghtwise )
            to add a little extra rigid support.

            I'm almost done with the frame. I've still
            got the canopy section to make, but that
            won't be done untill after Border Raids.

            Pictures will be coming soon.....

                                   Conal

            --- In medievalsawdust@y..., "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@h...> wrote:
            > Not I, I prefer the slat beds.  IMHO, though, I would venture to
            guess, the
            > spacing would vary based on the matress.  9 inches or so seems about
            right
            > for a futon.  But thats just a guess.
            >

            > >Who has made a rope bed before?
            > >
            > >Ryhs....