Re: spring pole lathe

  • Chris Larsson (Hrelgar)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2005
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "daveinadk" <daveinadk@y...>
      wrote:
      > will anyone have a spring pole lathe set up at pennsic this year? if
      > possible, i would be interested in stopping by to check it out.
      > thank you
      > ronan

      There's the following classes. I assume that Dofinn will be bringing
      his spring pole lathe for this.

      Chris

      Bowl Turning Without a Rest 1: Wood Prep
      Dofinn-Hallr Morrisson
      Preparing the blank, from the selection of wood to use and splitting
      it out through rounding it up and setting in the spindle. Students do
      not need to attend all 4 hours.
      Fri 12,11:00 AM, Private Camp

      Bowl Turning Without a Rest 2: Demo and Hands-On
      Dofinn-Hallr Morrisson
      Rounding out the blank and beginning the bowl. Approximately half this
      time will be devoted to hands-on time for students. Students do not
      need to attend all 4 hours.
      Sun 14,11:00 AM, Private Camp

      Bowl Turning Without a Rest 3: Demo and Hands-On
      Dofinn-Hallr Morrisson
      Removing wood from the bowl. Approximately half this class will be
      devoted to hands-on time for students. Students do not need to attend
      all 4 hours.
      Tue 16,11:00 AM, Private Camp

      Bowl Turning Without a Rest 4: Demo
      Dofinn-Hallr Morrisson
      Cleaning out the bowl, finishing the outside and removing the piece
      from the lathe. Students do not need to attend all 4 hours.
      Thu 18,11:00 AM, Private Camp