recommended sealants

  • LL Stevens
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2005
      Greetings All:

      What do you recommend to put a sealing coat over stained or painted
      projects? My recent time spent both with both a gallon and a spray
      can of polyeurethane turned out mottled and streaky finishes.

      Thoughts?

      ~Apollonia
    • Bill Schongar (bschonga)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2005
        Hi Apollonia,

        Over a water-based paint/stain, a water-based poly works well.. for
        small things where I want t light coat, I use a spray can. For furniture
        and such, I use a foam brush.

        I haven't done as much with the oil-based stuff... mainly because I
        like water-based cleanup much better than oil-based.

        -Liam