Beds! We got beds...

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8 10:39 AM
      Bed plans...

      2 plans... one period (10th c. viking)...  one 'peri-oid'...    I use the "Medieval Bed Plan" design in my pavilion and have for 9 years (same one... no parts changes...   I tip the scales at 230 (+).

      Couple of notes on it...  the plans show the plywood quartered...  on my bed, instead of 4 pieces...  the plywood is simply cut in half with a diagonal cut down the length of the sheet...  the diagonal isn't extreme...  no more than 6 inches to either side of the center line.

      Anyway... the think I like about this design is that the bulkiest pieces are the plywood sheets...  so, when I pack the truck... they go in first on the floor... everything goes above em...

      Chas.
    • Lord Robin Gallowglass
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8 10:51 AM
        On Wednesday 08 June 2005 13:39, James Winkler wrote:
        > Bed plans...
        >
        > www.medievalwood.org/charles
        >
        > 2 plans... one period (10th c. viking)... one 'peri-oid'... I use the
        > "Medieval Bed Plan" design in my pavilion and have for 9 years (same one...
        > no parts changes... I tip the scales at 230 (+).

        Your Viking bed plan is very similar to what I used (as we both based it on
        the same thing :D)

        The main differences is I designed mine so the rails where up high enough to
        fit the SCA "standard" rubbermaid totes under them, and I added a 2nd board
        at the head of the bed.

        > Chas.

        Robin
      • James Winkler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8 11:13 AM
          Yea...  Rhy's did something similar with the height thing... mine started as a project for a friend in West Kingdom... and mutated into an A&S project... so I tried to stay to the scale of the original... best I could...    the extra height though is a good practical adaptation... and, based on what I've read on beds... as there was no 'standardized' sizes... your scale is as valid as mine!   (Hey... 'creativity points'!!!!)

          We pack all our junk in a pickup truck (six-foot bed).   We have two of the 6-board chests so m'Lady can pack her garb in one...  I the other (that way if I fail to keep my stuff orderly hers is not disrupted...).   Some of the nice things about the chests is that they are:

          1: Off the ground
          2: Are packed into the truck "pre-packed" (lots of time to remember all yer' stuff)
          3: All they pack into the truck well (the space under the legs is for 'small stuff'... and they fit between the wheel wells...)
          4: Unload from the truck... yer' ready to go...
          5: Easy to reload..
          6: Do laundry out of em'... re-load for the next event
          7: Serve as 'extra seating' in the pavilion
          8: Looks cool
          9: Place to clip the small 12 volt fan onto for them 'stuffy' nights
          10: Place to HIDE the fan during the day...
          11: Place to sit other stuff on when it rains...
          12: Impresses the heck out of the neighbors...

          ;-[)

          Chas.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8 11:29 AM

            You left out “and are NOT a blue tub.”