Re: Embedded/Inlayed gems

  • windsingersmoon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
      I KNOW I have pix in my files of gems used as inlay......
      (I'm at the library, no-longer having net access at home)

      The jewels were no doubt set in the same as Ivory etc.

      I own a very old Mid East Palace chair.
      Covered in mother-of-pearl, edged with flat silver wire, inlay.
      The inlay is set in with melted rosin, as is claear from all the
      places the m-o-p has fallen out.

      The stones would be Cabs.(raw/rounded and oval etc)
      Shara

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried

      _____
      http://crossbows.biz/
      > Barony of Highland Foorde Baronial Web Minister & Archery
      Marshal
      > Kingdom of Atlantia Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target
      Archery
      http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/