[Fwd: [SCA-AS] Stefan's Florilegium files for June]

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Stefan's Florilegium files for June
      Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 01:58:08 -0500
      From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous@...>
      To: SCA-Arts-Sciences maillist <artssciences@...>,
      Middlebridge, "West Kingdom, Oertha, Middlebridge,
      Outlands Chroniclers maillist Outlands <chroniclers@...>,
      Meridies maillist, Trimaris mailist, "West,Atenveldt maillists, Outlands
      maillist

      Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,

      Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June, detailing what is
      new in the Florilegium this month.

      If you are on multiple kingdom lists, and don't see this message on one
      of them, please let me know. This message is supposed to get posted on
      all kingdom lists by myself or one of my representatives. But sometimes
      email addresses change or folks drop out of the SCA for awhile without
      telling me.

      I'm not sure if I will make it to Pennsic this year as I'm still
      looking for a job in the Austin area after getting laid off in December
      as a circuit board designer. My resume can be found at:
      http://www.florilegium.org/msharris. If anyone has any referrals or
      suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.

      Thanks,
      Stefan
      ----
      A Blending of the Past and Present

      Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
      collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
      lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
      this information available to others, I have placed this information in
      a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

      I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
      that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
      for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

      I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
      me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
      editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
      details.

      For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in
      another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of
      the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the
      overhead costs of keeping the site running.

      THLord Stefan li Rous Ansteorra stefan at florilegium.org

      Here are the new files for this month:
      In the CRAFTS section:
      HaS-Repousse-art "Hammer and Stake Repousse'"
      by Master Tamlene ap Guidgen, O.L.
      In the CULTURES section:
      Gypsies-lnks Links to information on medieval Gypsies
      by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon
      In the NEWCOMERS section:
      newcomers-lnks Links for newcomers to the SCA
      by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
      In the PEOPLE_AND_PLACES section:
      Arthur-F-and-F-art "Arthur - Fact and Fiction" by Baron Hrolf
      Herjolfssen.
      In the TEXTILE ARTS section:
      mdvl-textiles-bib "Annotated Bibliography about Medieval
      Textiles" By THL Cassandra of Glastonbury.
      Txtle-Rsearch-art "The Art of Research" by THL Cassandra of
      Glastonbury. Aimed at textile research.

      Here are just a some of the updated files, usually those with the
      largest amounts of new material:
      casting-msg Casting pewter and other metals.
      disabilities-msg Disabilities in the SCA and period, hiding
      wheelchairs, SCA sign language.
      England-msg Medieval points of interest in England.
      eyeglasses-msg Period eyewear. Making replicas.
      fish-msg Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
      goat-msg Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.
      meat-pies-msg Period meat pies. Recipes.
      pirates-msg Pirates throughout the Middle Ages.
      sausages-msg Period sausages. Making sausage.
      Scotland-msg Scottish culture. Who lived where. Medieval
      points of interest. The Orkney Islands.
      Spain-msg Medieval Spain. Info. sources.
      ---
      Copyright 2005, Mark S. Harris.
      Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
      the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
      publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

      <end>
      --------
      Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas
      StefanliRous@...