Box Liners

  • Ralph Lindberg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 7:01 AM
      Earlier (last week, before???) there was a brief discussion on if
      boxes were (or were not) lined. Due to AnTir Crown (and the 8 hour
      each way drive) I didn't get to looking something up I sorta
      remembered until last night.

      But I did find a reference to period boxes being lined with box fabric
      and printed (late period) paper. They even showed several examples of
      the printed patterns. It was in a book on English Oak Furniture (which
      is close to the title).

      If you see a copy, consider getting it. While there are post-period
      examples, there are also many period examples of chairs, tables,
      benches, stools, cupboards, childern's walkers, etc, etc, etc. None of
      them scaled, but...

      Ralg
      AnTir